The development code for kiwitrees-nova is stored and publicly accessible on Github. Once it is at a stage where widespread testing can safely proceed there will be ‘official’ beta versions released, and available here on kiwitrees.net. If you want to test earlier than that you can create a download of the correct code at Github. But please note the following….
The code available from Github, other than official releases, changes weekly, daily, and even minute-by-minute. Therefore it should be clearly understood that it will contain bugs and incomplete code snippets. Any existing code may be subject to change.
DO NOT USE DEVELOPMENT CODE ON A LIVE SITE, OR WITH YOUR PRIMARY FAMILY TREE DATA.
Downloading development code
- Note: registration on Github is NOT required to simply download the code.
- Go to https://github.com/kiwi3685/kiwitrees-nova
- Click on the green “Code” button, then click “Download ZIP” (see image right)
- Save the zip folder to your local computer.
- Copy the contents of that zip folder to your web server (same installation / upgrade process as normal kiwitrees). If operating on a local computer web server (xamp, wamp, mamp, etc) that means to a sub folder (e.g. ‘kt-nova” perhaps) created in the web server’s htdocs or www folder.
- To start the setup process enter the url for your newly created kiwitrees-nova folder into your browser, e.g.:
- http://your domain/kiwitrees-nova or similar if on an internet server
- localhost/kiwitrees-nova, or similar, on a local web server.
- (Note settings for these may vary on your system, check with the server configuration / web host).