Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 37 total)
Author
Posts
  • #8264

    I tried to change language at testpage so I could stay at the admin module and delete modules. That worked and in all 3 browsers. There is something wrong at the other page if I switch language 🙁

    Btw the test is running at php5.6 where the other page is at 7.0. If this make a different?

    Regards, Jamie Jaconelli

    admin and owner of a user customized version of kiwitrees (contains 3 family trees)

  • #8267

    There is no custom files in modules_v4. There is no data in the database called WT_WEBTREES.

    Regards, Jamie Jaconelli

    admin and owner of a user customized version of kiwitrees (contains 3 family trees)

  • #8269

    There is no custom files in modules_v4.

    I would hope there is not. But you DO have a custom file somewhere, and it contains the text WT_WEBTREES.
    What about custom css, header etc files in the theme folder?

    There is no data in the database called WT_WEBTREES.

    This is NOT a database problem. It is a FILE problem.

    One other thought though. You had problems before with some bad text in your Danish language file. Have you cleared your kiwitrees cache lately? Might be worth trying. If that doesn’t help you might have to look in your language file.

    The only other thing I can suggest is to send me FTP access so I can look at the files you have (Tomorrow).

    Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
  • #8271

    I do not have custom theme at this installation. I deleted the theme folders and uploaded those from 3.0.0. Still same issue.
    I was also thinking of language file – it is not KIWITREES mo file. Cause then the problem should be at other pages too. My test is running fine

    But the issue is in my own da file in the data folder. Cause here I actually found wt-webtrees phrase. So it is working now (but sigh – I have to redo all the modules – they are empty after the upgrade)

    Regards, Jamie Jaconelli

    admin and owner of a user customized version of kiwitrees (contains 3 family trees)

  • #8272

    Thank you for your time and GN to you!

    Regards, Jamie Jaconelli

    admin and owner of a user customized version of kiwitrees (contains 3 family trees)

  • #8278

    (but sigh – I have to redo all the modules – they are empty after the upgrade)

    Not necessarily. Give me more details. There might be an easy answer (tomorrow).

    Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
  • #8279

    I made them manually – but at my main page I will have a lot – so if you have a fix for this I would be happy. Otherwise I have to do it manually too

    Regards, Jamie Jaconelli

    admin and owner of a user customized version of kiwitrees (contains 3 family trees)

  • #8283

    You have two problems:

    1 – because your custom language file prevented access to the site, the changes that should have been made to your database failed, so it will now contain a mixture of old and new modules. Some settings need to be deleted, some need to be renamed.

    2 – your modified modules need to be fixed (the WT_WEBTRESS > WT_KIWITREES issue), then they can be moved from the old modules_v3 folder to the new modules_v4 (this is described in the upgrade instructions). But you can not do this until the database is fixed.

    This is why the instruction to remove ALL custom files before upgrading was there. All these things are automatically done for you IF there are no custom files.

    You mentioned having a backup at the start of this thread. Is this a backup of the database? If so, drop the current database, and put the old one back in place. Do NOT change the files though, only the database. Make sure that there are still NO custom files among them. Then visit your site. It will re-start the automated DB changes for you.

    That will fix anything related to re-named modules (original simpl_pages, simpl_privacy, simpl_research and all “Fancy_xxx” modules.
    Now, check your site. Everything EXCEPT your custom files and modules should be working. So next follow this upgrade instruction:

    Once your site is back up and running correctly, albeit without your custom modules and files, you can proceed to make a simple change to your customisations then re-instate the files.
    In each file near the top, just below the copyright statement, look for block of code like this:

    if (!defined('WT_WEBTREES')) {
    header('HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden');
    exit;
    }

    Simply change “WT_WEBTREES” to “WT_KIWITREES”, save your file, and upload it back to it’s original location.

    For your custom modules, the change is the same but you will probably only find that section of code in files named “module.php”. Once that change is made copy your custom module(s) to the new “modules_v4” folder.

    If you do not have a backup of your database, then it gets messy. Quicker for me to fix it for you than to explain it, so send me access codes to your server.

    Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
  • #8286

    If you use a historical facts file eg histo.en_GB.php then this needs changing since it has the line with WT_WEBTREES

    Penguins Are  Boss

    https://bootesgowland.kiwitrees.net

    Happy to be hosted by kiwitrees.net

    1 user thanked author for this post.
  • #8287

    If you use a historical facts file eg histo.en_GB.php then this needs changing since it has the line with WT_WEBTREES

    Thanks. Yes that’s right. I class that as a “custom file” as it’s not part of the standard kiwitrees download.

    Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 37 total)
  • The topic ‘White page – upgrading!’ is closed to new replies.