Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 27 total)
Author

To follow up on my last post. I had even better results when I deleted EVERYTHING in my kiwitrees folder EXCEPT /data and then uploaded 3.0.0 The reason, I guess, is that I had not cleaned out the kiwitrees folder for YEARS and there were certainly old unused folders and files possibly even going back to my webtrees days. I must be the 1% where a re-upload worked.

Thank you, Nigel, for all your continuing hard work in getting this major update released. Anything that leads to code simplification, increased functionality, and easier maintenance is worth any delays or hassel getting to work.

Best regards
    Paul Bootes

Penguins Are  Boss

https://bootesgowland.kiwitrees.net

Happy to be hosted by kiwitrees.net

I deleted my existing /kiwitrees/modules folder and uploaded again.

I wish you had given me a little more time to view your site. Then I could easily have told you which precise module(s) were causing the problem. The fact that deleting everything from modules worked confirms my earlier guess that you had in place one or more old modules, most likely simpl_menu/simple_menu2. This is exactly as described in the upgrade instructions (as linked to in the announcement news email) and could better have been fixed in the manner described there. Then all the settings you had for those old modules could have been methodically transferred to their new replacements.

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

To follow up on my last post. I had even better results when I deleted EVERYTHING in my kiwitrees folder EXCEPT /data and then uploaded 3.0.0 The reason, I guess, is that I had not cleaned out the kiwitrees folder for YEARS and there were certainly old unused folders and files possibly even going back to my webtrees days. I must be the 1% where a re-upload worked.

There is no reason why that should ever be necessary, so I would love to know what changes it has resulted in (what is not there now that was before or vice versa).

When files are removed from the system they are listed in admin.php. The first time you visit the admin area after an upgrade all / any of those files it finds are automatically deleted for you. If your server is configured in such a way to prevent that happening, then instead a list of those files is created and displayed in a ‘accordion’ drop-down on the admin front page, titled “Old files found” and with the explanatory text “Files have been found from a previous version of webtrees. Old files can sometimes be a security risk. You should delete them.”. You could of course have been ignoring that list, but you shouldn’t.

Nigel

writing 100 lines of:

I am guilty of ignoring that list, and I mustn’t
    I am guilty of ignoring that list, and I mustn’t

Guess I still have “L-plates” on because I never even knew it was there 🙁

Penguins Are  Boss

https://bootesgowland.kiwitrees.net

Happy to be hosted by kiwitrees.net

It means what it says. My guess is that the user you have set up in your ‘sandbox’ is not fully set up. Does it have a default individual and an individual record established? With this version kiwitrees when you login the system will take you directly to your individual record.

I have no idea! It is just test data made for the danish group to play/test with!
    What should I do? Delete the standard person?

Regards,
    Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of a user customized version of kiwitrees (contains 3 family trees)

At my historic database I get this issue when I try to manage modules:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class user_favorites_WT_Module in /home/h/o/ftp_host-sidendk/webtrees/modules_v3/widget_favorites/module.php on line 330

Also got it at the test database – but it suddenly worked. I have no idea how

Regards,
    Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of a user customized version of kiwitrees (contains 3 family trees)

Also has an issue with the standardblocks

Error 8: Undefined index……. ect

Regards,
    Jamie Jaconelli

What are “standard blocks’?

Nigel

sorry “Set the default blocks”

Regards,
    Jamie Jaconelli

Do you have time to look at the installation?

It seems okay as visitor except I can not define the modules! http://www.host-siden.dk/webtrees

I can email you access for a test admin!

Regards,
    Jamie Jaconelli

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘Upgrade’ is closed to new replies.