Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author

I’m doing a lot of uploading of media that for whatever reason isn’t in my media folder. (no problem there). While I’m at it, I see there are ones I’d like to upload replacements for (same image cleaned up).

Other than deleting the one already attached to an individual event, is there a way to “overwrite” the existing image and have it display?

-----
    [updated: 11 Jun 2021]
    MacOS: 10.15.7  (Catalina)
    Safari   14.0.3;  Firefox 89.0
    PHP 7.4 FastCGI

Alter-Drukarsh connections... 3.3.8 <private>
    The Royals 3.3.8<royals.rbcsolutions.ca
    >
    The Gerrer Rebbes 3.3.8 <royals.rbcsolutions.ca/index.php?ged=rebbes>

Not in the GUI I’m afraid, but if you simply FTP it to the right place with the same name (exactly) then it will be over-written.

If it is significantly different also delete its corresponding thumbnail version. A new one will then be automatically created from the new full-size image.

By the way, regarding

I’m doing a lot of uploading of media that for whatever reason isn’t in my media folder.

Are you sure they are not there? Have you tried ticking the “Unused files” options on Administration > Media? That displays any media items that exist in your folder, but do not exist as media objects in your GEDCOM data (i.e. are not “linked” to anything).

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

They were missing even before conversion, I just never knew. I also used offline folder to copy and that may have been incomplete. I can tell when I drag it to the FTP directory, I’m not asked to replace.

If the originals show up unused will delete, once I’m done.

-----
    [updated: 11 Jun 2021]
    MacOS: 10.15.7  (Catalina)
    Safari   14.0.3;  Firefox 89.0
    PHP 7.4 FastCGI

Alter-Drukarsh connections... 3.3.8 <private>
    The Royals 3.3.8<royals.rbcsolutions.ca
    >
    The Gerrer Rebbes 3.3.8 <royals.rbcsolutions.ca/index.php?ged=rebbes>

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Updating media’ is closed to new replies.