Tags:

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 30 total)
Author

and word it more friendly like “If you have any questions or comments please contact …”. I feel the division between technical and genealogical can be offputting.

I think that your more friendly wording is a good idea. So I have changed the text to that for those cases where sites prefer that a single contact is used for both technical and gene contacts.

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

I do not use the bottom contact – but use the menu2 with a contact instead!

Here in my own contact form I have a drop down in subject http://www.jaconelli.dk/webtrees/PERS_ukcontact.php

Regards,
    Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of a user customized version of kiwitrees (contains 3 family trees)

I do not use the bottom contact – but use the menu2 with a contact instead!

Here in my own contact form I have a drop down in subject

Perhaps you won’t need to do that in future? The new optional Contact menu item is very similar to yours (see image in first post of this discussion)

Nigel

I did see it – but I do not like the bottom contact line. But if I could make the menu2 to open the form (the contact module) I would prolly do that instead.

Regards,
    Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of a user customized version of kiwitrees (contains 3 family trees)

I think you are missing the point.

If you use the new Contact option the bottom line is removed and a “Contact” main menu items added instead. Exactly as you do now, but no need to use ‘extra menus’ module.

Look again at the first post here. I said:

Instead it adds a “Contact” menu item in the main menus, and removes the footer links.

Nigel

Sorry (my late answer)

Ah yes I did misunderstood you. It actually make the part I have instead. I just made a drop down in subject line to choose which contact form the visitor wants

Do you have it on your test now?

Regards,
    Jamie Jaconelli

For some reason I’ve just discovered this post. I like the contact idea while also having same concerns as nc-east (growing number of possible menu items).
    I’ve used my site on iPad but not often enough for concerns of layout, yet.

-----
    [updated: 06 Mar 2021]
    MacOS: 10.15.7  (Catalina)
    Safari  14.0.03;  Firefox85.0.2
    PHP 7.4 FastCGI

Alter-Drukarsh connections... 3.3.8 <private>
    The Royals 3.3.8<royals.rbcsolutions.ca
    >
    The Gerrer Rebbes 3.3.8 <royals.rbcsolutions.ca/index.php?ged=rebbes>

For some reason I’ve just discovered this post. I like the contact idea while also having same concerns as nc-east (growing number of possible menu items).
    I’ve used my site on iPad but not often enough for concerns of layout, yet.

Two points:
    1-it will only be an option. If it is enabled the old footer contacts are removed. Disable it and they return.
    2-Try my personal site on your iPad to see why the number of menu items won’t be an issue.

Nigel

Ah yes I did misunderstood you. It actually make the part I have instead. I just made a drop down in subject line to choose which contact form the visitor wants

Do you have it on your test now?

Not on test yet as I still have a couple of minor issues, but soon. It doesn’t need the drop down menu. It simply shows one or two contact forms depending if you have separate technical and genealogical contacts or not.

It does also report the URL of the page the user was on when they clicked the menu item, just as the current footer link does. I assume your own version does not have that?

Nigel

The new optional “Contacts” module can now be seen live in two different formats at:

1. My personal site: http://www.our-families.info This example uses a single contact for both technical and genealogy contacts
    2. The kiwitrees demo site: http://demo.kiwitrees.net/ This example uses separate contacts for technical and genealogy contacts

Feel free to use them. All will result in email messages to me, which I shall ignore 🙂

Nigel
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • The topic ‘Technical and Genealogical Contacts’ is closed to new replies.