Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author

Cause I really dislike the original code with the contact form

Would it help if the contact details (technical and genealogy) could be left blank? It is easy to do. Just allow a blank selection in the configuration, then if blank do not print the “For technical support …..” text.

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

I am not sure what would be a good idea. Some of the other danes are not very happy for the footer file! First many dislike the contact form and make some of their own and some not happy that the contact form point out to them self (incl. me). And some are not happy that technical contact also them self.

Perhabs we should make a thread and get some form for “standard”? I can do that in the danish group and you can make one here?

For sure the footer file should contain link to devol (you) – and the core code for changes ect. but for the rest it should not be standard imo!

Regards,
    Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of a user customized version of kiwitrees (contains 3 family trees)

What I have would not make any difference to those people. Let me do something and show you. I am not a fan of great big discussions ๐Ÿ˜‰

But if they do not want it to point to them the solution is easy:- create a new user, called perhaps “administrator”, with whatever email address they prefer, then set both contacts in the configuration to that user. See the footer on my site for an example. http://www.our-families.info/

Mine is to “Site admin”.

Nigel

Thank you for your suggestion. I will look at it tomorrow (work calling).

But I think some want it separated. Like genealogy questions to one person and technical to another one! (I remember that the old pgv had that abillity and some of the first versions of wt – do not know why it changed)

I will be back to you tomorrow ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards,
    Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of a user customized version of kiwitrees (contains 3 family trees)

But I think some want it separated. Like genealogy questions to one person and technical to another one! (I remember that the old pgv had that abillity and some of the first versions of wt โ€“ do not know why it changed)

???????

They can still be separate. That feature has NEVER changed. You just select a different user for each link. They are only combined if the user is the same for both. That has always been the way, even in PGV.

I have sent you two files to test. I will send a third now as I missed it with the first email.

Nigel

I am meaning you can not have it “blank” ex. for tech. questions! (perhabs I edited the code back in pgv? – can not remember anymore) But as you said – if this is wanted they can add an admin user for tech. questions!

I will look at your suggestion tomorrow – Have a great night ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards,
    Jamie Jaconelli

Exactly.

You will see tomorrow that with this new code they CAN make either the technical or the genealogy, or both, blank.

Nigel

Super – I get back tomorrow ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards,
    Jamie Jaconelli

Fyi! It is perfect! ๐Ÿ™‚ GJ – I will recommend that part for future release ๐Ÿ™‚

Now I just have to figure out to recode my php code to work in the js-module ๐Ÿ™ I might need your help tomorrow ๐Ÿ™‚ (I have forgot everything about java)

Regards,
    Jamie Jaconelli

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Split: Contact links’ is closed to new replies.