• This topic has prefixes assigned

Tags:

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
Author

I just can not figure out which file it should be. I had the history file, language file and a page module (which is disable)

But I guessing I have to upload the enclosed schema file after reinstall (im allready afraid of upgrading my main page cause of this)

Regards, Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of a user customized version of kiwitrees (contains 3 family trees)

Okay I removed everything beside config and media. The result is the same

Regards, Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of a user customized version of kiwitrees (contains 3 family trees)

Sorry, but I have no other suggestions. If I think of anything I will let you know.
    It is odd that no one else has this issue (I’ve upgraded almost 50 sites this week).

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

I found out that it is not enough to disable userdefined modules. They have to be totally deleted ๐Ÿ™ So you might have to update your upgrade instruction with that part.

So next step is to figure out why my language file does not work – I will close this and make a new tread for help with this ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards, Jamie Jaconelli

So you might have to update your upgrade instruction with that part.

The don’t heed to be removed. As the instructions for this upgrade say, they need ALL WT_ changed to KT_ Nothing else. I’m sure that is all you need to change in your language file as well. .

Nigel

So you might have to update your upgrade instruction with that part.

The donโ€™t heed to be removed. As the instructions for this upgrade say, they need ALL WT_ changed to KT_ Nothing else. Iโ€™m sure that is all you need to change in your language file as well. .

Then the WT changed to KT has do be done first. Cause if the file is stored at server even that the module is disable kiwitrees can not add menus.

Regards, Jamie Jaconelli

Then the WT changed to KT has do be done first. Cause if the file is stored at server even that the module is disable kiwitrees can not add menus.

No, it is not that complicated. Just go to the file on your server and edit the file. It doesn’t matter when, but before you unset maintenance mode Is probably a good idea. Once all such changes are done the site will work ad before.

Nigel

Agree – but in your instruction you tell us just to disable and getting a new version. And this is not enough just to disable. It has to either be removed or editing the WT_ to KT_ before the page will work after upgrading. But your call ๐Ÿ˜›

Regards, Jamie Jaconelli

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘A different database error on upgrade’ is closed to new replies.