• This topic has prefixes assigned

Tags:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 28 total)
Author
Posts
  • #9601

    Auch my table prefix is not KT but HS so my upgrade failed.

    ERROR 8: Use of undefined constant KT_USER_ID – assumed ‘KT_USER_ID’
    0 Error occurred on line 156 of file Tree.php in function getAll
    1 called from line 167 of file Tree.php in function get
    2 called from line 1317 of file functions_db.php in function set_gedcom_setting
    3 called from line 43 of file db_schema_5_6.php in function require
    4 called from line 253 of file DB.php in function updateSchema
    5 called from line 276 of file session.php in function require
    6 called from line 26 of file admin.php

    ERROR 8: Use of undefined constant KT_USER_ID – assumed ‘KT_USER_ID’
    0 Error occurred on line 156 of file Tree.php in function getAll
    1 called from line 167 of file Tree.php in function get
    2 called from line 1317 of file functions_db.php in function set_gedcom_setting
    3 called from line 43 of file db_schema_5_6.php in function require
    4 called from line 253 of file DB.php in function updateSchema
    5 called from line 276 of file session.php in function require
    6 called from line 26 of file admin.php


    How to fix this?

    Regards,
    Jamie Jaconelli

    admin and owner of a user customized version of kiwitrees (contains 3 family trees)

  • #9602

    When you tried to upgrade did you see EXACTLY the same error message as Roy attached at the start of this thread? If not, then you do not need to use this fix. It will do nothing for you. See my final sentence in the post before yours.
    (deleted – post moved)

    Auch my table prefix is not KT but HS so my upgrade failed.

    References here to “KT” are not table prefixes, so your concern is not necessary. Kiwitrees code does not care what table prefix you use, it will always work.

    Regarding your error messages, they are common with this upgrade. They are caused by the stored session details from before you upgraded. They do not mean the upgrade failed. Logout, close your browser and log back in. You will not see those messages again.

    EDIT…. I have added a note about this to the upgrading instructions for this release.

    Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
  • #9605

    I got the above when I hitted the Dashboard home and this (enclosed) which is still going on

    P.S.
    I only have one userdefined module at this and it is disable

    Regards,
    Jamie Jaconelli

    admin and owner of a user customized version of kiwitrees (contains 3 family trees)

  • #9607

    I cannot look at this until tomorrow I’m afraid. I will also need to see the full SQL error message. Please post it as a new thread in the support forum, as it is not related to this issue.

    Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
  • #9608

    No rush – you can see it at jaconelli.dk/history.

    Regards,
    Jamie Jaconelli

    admin and owner of a user customized version of kiwitrees (contains 3 family trees)

  • #9614

    This is a “MySQL 5.7” issue missed in the earlier clean up of such issues. I wasn’t then aware that the command “ALTER IGNORE TABLE” is deprecated and replace by “ALTER TABLE”.

    To fix this bug all of these steps are required. in this order:

    1. Replace the file \includes/db_schema/db_schema_23_24.php with the one attached here
    2. In your database, in the table site_settings change the setting “KT_SCHEMA_VERSION” (or it might still start with “WT_”) to 33 (or leave it at 33 if it still says that)
    3. Return to your site and refresh the page.
    4. Once the site is back to normal, visit the page Administration > Dashboard > Home

    As with the previous “database error” bug, if you do not see exactly the error message attached by Jamie in this thread (file sql-error.png) do not make this change. You do not have this issue, and will not need this “fix” before the next upgrade, which will include it. This issue will only arise in certain circumstances, and only during the upgrade. It cannot be triggered at any other time.

    Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
    1 user thanked author for this post.
  • #9620

    Done…. but getting this:

    ERROR 2: Unknown: Cannot call session save handler in a recursive manner
    0 Error occurred on

    Regards,
    Jamie Jaconelli

    admin and owner of a user customized version of kiwitrees (contains 3 family trees)

  • #9621

    Clear session table or cache folder?

    Session table – definitely not. I’ve never seen an example where doing that helps.
    Cache – worth trying both kiwitrees cache and the browser.

    Is there more information in the error message?
    Where does it appear?
    Is it just one page or the site?

    Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
  • #9622

    I have tried that a page is stucked in a session so I had to clear it. But in this part – it took the latest.

    the version was 23 which I edit to 33 as you told me to. And when I “called” the page (which is the front page) I got that error: http://www.jaconelli.dk/history

    Regards,
    Jamie Jaconelli

    admin and owner of a user customized version of kiwitrees (contains 3 family trees)

  • #9623

    the version was 23 which I edit to 33 as you told me to.

    Ah, that is unexpected (but perhaps should not have been). Change it back to 23 then refresh the browser again. That should help. Putting at 33 means you have skipped 10 upgrade processes.

    Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘A different database error on upgrade’ is closed to new replies.