Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
Author

Did your host explain why you needed to switch to SMTP? It would help to know.

It’s possible they have disabled use of PHP Mail. A number of hosts are doing that now. It’s true that SMTP is better, but can be less-forgiving certain email addresses and domains.

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

Kiwi, I got password reset for Royals. Am going to change to SMTP mail as well on this domain. A-D Connections is done.
    Dreamhost didn’t say what was wrong and saw no server errors. VERY STRANGE. I am going to open chat with them again using the password reset issue. I had changed the Admin user email to a Yahoo one but now set back to domain email.
    Assume the email I sent within kiwitrees about password was received by you okay so SMTP worked.
    Gee, just when I got the one user creating an account after all these years of hoping! (from start of PGV site). He’s my cousin and one of the key people who may have information I don’t

-----
    [updated: 06 Aug 2021]
    MacOS: 10.15.7  (Catalina)
    Safari   14.0.3;  Firefox 9.0.2
    PHP 7.4.5 FastCGI

Alter-Drukarsh connections... 3.3.9 <private>
    The Royals 3.3.9<royals.rbcsolutions.ca
    >
    The Gerrer Rebbes 3.3.9 <royals.rbcsolutions.ca/index.php?ged=rebbes>

The site admin email setup asks for email data. If SMTP, it must match the info for a valid email account and for server used.
    How does that email account differ from the user Admin (me)?

(my usual confusing question, sorry)

-----
    PHP 7.4.5 FastCGI

>

Everything under the green sub-heading (SMTP mail server settings) should be supplied by your web host. Perhaps they have a help page?

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

FYI: Settings for SMTP mail solved the problems of not receiving emails. Used my settings for the web host of the site.

I got password reset for A-D site, I got emails sent to Contact Us, I got copy of email sent from Manage users to a user. Within the user profile, I left it as kiwitrees sends email (don’t have syntax in front of me but it’s whatever default is).

Wanted to put this on file so it can be referred to “just in case….”

-----
    PHP 7.4.5 FastCGI

>

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.