Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
Author

Thanks for the CA background – that sounds good to me: I have plenty in-progress updating work to do using it without worrying whether I will have to repeat it all again!!

As for pMF I have installed it on my localhost but believe in KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) and think you already might have provided the tool for me to do what I intended. Simpl_pages (Resources) may let me provide HELP pages like “About this website”, “Do I need to login”, “How do I use this”, “Where did you get this info”. Whether I call it HELP, FAQ, RESOURCES, ABOUT, or something else will always be a matter of fashion. Can Simpl_pages make the existing FAQ module redundant?

Penguins Are  Boss

https://bootesgowland.kiwitrees.net

Happy to be hosted by kiwitrees.net

I have plenty in-progress updating work to do using it without worrying whether I will have to repeat it all again!!

That will be one of the major challenges in any new design. I also do NOT want to have to re-enter all my CA transcriptions into a new format!

Can Simpl_pages make the existing FAQ module redundant?

It can, but not for everyone. It needs a slightly higher level of html / css expertise to get the best out of it. The FAQ module has the benefit of a pre-prepared display format, so site admins only need to worry about entering the FAQs, and not about how to present them.

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

Just my “two cents”

My experience has been that the FAQ is handy for shallow answers to simple questions. I make it available for the real “Newby”.

For the serious user, I have a Resource Guide that is available through simpl_pages. It is easier to maintain off line and upload it as justified. I am also more inclined to keep the Resource Guide up to date.

Simpl_pages has become a very important asset to my users and myself.

Roy

Roy

Apache 2.4.27  PHP 7.19 MariaDB 10.2.8

Nigel:

MidTerm – the proposal to improve/simplify the CKEditor handling of images didn’t at first seem important to me. Over the last few days, I decided to duplicate a site locally and to add some stories to the published site. I discovered that the CKEditor screen has become significantly smaller from its earlier original size making “what you see – what you get” image sizing etc. nearly impossible. The whole story creation/publication process suffers.

Roy

Roy

Roy

There’s been no significant change to the CKEditor that I can recall. Can you show me what you mean?

Nigel

Nigel:

My Hit! Switched to a larger display and was able to work with the image comfortably. Been doing more and more on small screen devices and didn’t think about all the consequences.

Sorry for bringing this one up.

Roy

Roy

Ah, yes. That would make a difference 🙂

But in looking at the issue I did see that there was some wasted white space, left over from an earlier requirement to control the width of tables in admin. That issue has been superseded, so I have now allowed those WYSIWYG pages to extend to the full available width.

Still won’t help on a small device though……

Nigel
Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘Road map for kiwitrees’ is closed to new replies.