ForumSupport for kiwitrees
Authorjacoline
Last activity5 years, 11 months ago
StatusClosed
Replies6
Voices2
Participantsjacoline, kiwi
Tags

menu, PHP 7.4, upgrade, dates, edit interface, html, statistics, contact links, divorce, I18N, future, performance, Histo, colors theme, lists, 3.3.3, blank, places, style, fact, GEDCOM, bug reporting, time, living, BAPM, wish, tags, CREM, save settings, events of close relatives, mystyle, configure, 7.0, fancy image bar, translation, 3.1.1, contacts, charts, prefix, inactive, cookie, Fancy imagebar, language, tools, access level, images, abbreviate, flags, emmigration, photo, random_media, multiple marriages, Extra menus, gettext, beta, autocomplete, drag, married, test, .po

Kiwitrees on Twitter

Tagged: 

Topic:   Restriction  

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author
      Participant

563 posts

I putted up restriction “only shown to members” for notes as privacy option in admin modul. When I look at the fact of an ID – I can still se the notes

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:
      www.jaconelli.dk/webtrees, www.jaconelli.dk/history, www.jaconelli.dk/johnsen (familien-johnsen.dk)

kiwikiwi
      Keymaster

1923 posts

You haven’t shown an example of the problem, but the usual cause is trying to set global privacy (using Admin > your family tree > privacy screen) on a note stored at a low level, or subsidiary to some other tag.

That is not possible via the global privacy screen. It is only usable for ‘level 1’ records. The same limitation is true for media, sources etc.

So, if you add a note to a person, the setting will work. But if you add a note to the birth of a person it will not. You would need to add a privacy ‘restriction’ to the birth.

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
      Participant

563 posts

You got my point ๐Ÿ™‚ – Yes I should have given you an example. But you are right – it is at the global way I wanted the privacy.

And it would be way to many notes I have to remove from the facts for hidding them.

I did not now it worked like that! (also very new to me about using the privacy option) Good to know how this works ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you for your response ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:
      www.jaconelli.dk/webtrees, www.jaconelli.dk/history, www.jaconelli.dk/johnsen (familien-johnsen.dk)

kiwikiwi
      Keymaster

1923 posts

Are you sure your notes are really notes, and not something that should be part of a source. A source can be hidden everywhere it is used (globally) because it is a high level record.

Nigel
      Participant

563 posts

Yes I am sure!

I added a note to exampel a birth like this: Note: Look at AO churchbook (something) or Census 1834 for county (something)

Or I added a note to a death like this: Checked churchbook for county (something)

Since it is low level I can not hide it ๐Ÿ™

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

kiwikiwi
      Keymaster

1923 posts

Well, I would call those “lazy sources” ๐Ÿ™‚

If you found the information about the birth on the “Census 1834″ then Census 1834 is the source.

So too the Church book for county….”

It takes a little more effort to create a source, but it does make it easier in the long term. Once “Census 1834” or “Church book for county xxxx” exists as a source then a) it can be hidden easily, and b) it can be re-used easily for other birth records.

Nigel
      Participant

563 posts

I would agree if I did find the info.

But these notes are where I allready looked for the info. Can not call them a source – when it is only info for my self where/which place/source I allready have checked (without luck)

Kinda todo list ๐Ÿ™‚

And yes I could use that (todo) – but when I have birth/death and marriage as open to find – then I would have 3 “todo” fact with each note for what I have done so far. Not very read friendly for me. So I just put it in each fact ex. birth/death – a note ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • The topic ‘Restriction’ is closed to new replies.