• This topic has prefixes assigned
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 39 total)
Author
Posts
  • #8468

    Nigel:

    All of a sudden, the Reports; individuals and families are working. The Sidebar versions still throw the error. Have religiously cleared the caches before each change so I have no idea what is going on. Wonder if Chrome browser sync screws up clearing the cache.

    Roy

    Roy

    Apache 2.4.27  PHP 7.19 MariaDB 10.2.8

  • #8472

    I’m pretty sure it is however still a caching issue. But not one you can so easily clear. It is a MYSQL query cache, handled entirely in MySQL itself. It;s a way of making the query more efficient. This web page explains it quite well: http://www.tocker.ca/2013/05/03/when-does-mysql-data-get-loaded-in-and-out-of-cache.html

    This is the most likely reason because a) all four lists use exactly the same DB query (referenced in all the error reports: Name.php line 248); and b) the two sidebar reports are, I believe, rarely used so their queries may be retained in cache longer. This cache is also the reason the INDI and FAM lists appeared at first not to have worked, then suddenly did.

    There are a few options:
    1 – Severe – but you could ask your web host (or do it yourself if it is within your control) to restart MySQL. That should clear the cache.

    2 – It is usually (not always) possible to clear the cache manually. Here are some instructions for that: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5231678/clear-mysql-query-cache-without-restarting-server

    3 – You could just wait. It will clear itself eventually. I can’t tell you how long though.

    4 – You could modify the code. Probably only temporarily, just to over-ride the cached query, then put it back to normal. In the file kiwitrees/library/WT/Query/Name.php line 238 should be:

    "SELECT SQL_CACHE UPPER(LEFT(n_surn, 1)), COUNT(n_id)".

    Simply remove the word “SQL_CACHE ”

    (Note: take care to find the correct file. There are TWO called Name.php. Be sure to look in the “Query” sub-folder.

    Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
  • #8487

    Nigel:

    This is a local install so restarting MySQL was no problem. However, it didn’t fix the Sidebar Families & Individuals list error.
    Tried turning off the cache by editing the Name.php. Still got an error like before. I wonder if the part of the error listing that is shown below could be the culprit. Never had that with the Reports Families & Individuals list errors.

    ” Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getClientIp() on null in C:\wamp64\www\Ourtree\includes\session.php on line 353
    ( ! ) Error: Call to a member function getClientIp() on null in C:\wamp64\www\Ourtree\includes\session.php on line 353″.

    Roy

    ADMIN edit: this reply has been copied to create a new bug report at http://kiwitrees.net/forums/topic/8508/ as it is not related to the MySQL5.7+ issues.

    Roy

    Apache 2.4.27  PHP 7.19 MariaDB 10.2.8

  • #8519

    Nigel:

    Missed these earlier. In the Sanity check; Baptized after…., Alive after…., & Married after… all throw the same error. See attached.

    Roy

    Roy

    Apache 2.4.27  PHP 7.19 MariaDB 10.2.8

    Attachments:
  • #8546

    Missed these earlier. In the Sanity check; Baptized after…., Alive after…., & Married after… all throw the same error.

    Hopefully the attached replacement for kiwitrees/admin_trees_sanity.php will fix these.

    Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
    Attachments:
  • #8549

    Nigel:

    The file fixed one of the errors; “Alive after………..”.

    “Baptized after….” and “Married after….” still throw the error.

    Thanks.

    Roy

    Roy

    Apache 2.4.27  PHP 7.19 MariaDB 10.2.8

  • #8551

    Nigel:

    Yet another one!

    The “Top surnames” block used in Statistics Chart and the Home page option throws the attached error.

    “Top common names” block works fine on the Home page option but is blank on the Statistics Chart. (possibly because it follows the “Top surnames block)

    Roy

    Roy

    Apache 2.4.27  PHP 7.19 MariaDB 10.2.8

    Attachments:
  • #8556

    The file fixed one of the errors; “Alive after………..”.

    “Baptized after….” and “Married after….” still throw the error.

    Can you either confirm that the errors on these two are still EXACTLY the same, or if they are not let me have new the error message. I suspect the change I made yesterday may have changed the bug slightly, but I’m not certain. EDIT: Ignore that paragraph. I have finally found a way to set MariaDB to report the same errors as you have in MySQL5.7. I’ll post another fix for these two errors shortly.

    (Just as an aside, and not to detract from the excellent assistance you are providing over this issue, have you considered switching to MariaDB? https://seravo.fi/2015/10-reasons-to-migrate-to-mariadb-if-still-using-mysql )

    Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
  • #8557

    Further replacement for kiwitrees/admin_trees_sanity.php attached. This should fix the other two sanity check issues.

    Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
    Attachments:
  • #8560

    The “Top surnames” block used in Statistics Chart and the Home page option throws the attached error.

    Fix attached. Replacement for kiwitrees/library/WT/Query/Name.php.

    “Top common names” block works fine on the Home page option but is blank on the Statistics Chart. (possibly because it follows the “Top surnames block)

    That assumption is correct.

    Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
    Attachments:
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 39 total)
  • The topic ‘MySQL 5.7+ issues’ is closed to new replies.