Tags:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 22 total)
Author
Posts
  • #10594

    Hello all,

    I’ve been running Kiwitrees 3.2.3 on a server on my local machine (an iMac), and attempted to upgrade to version 3.3.4.
    I followed the recommended procedure for an iMac (download the files to a new folder, copy the data folder from the old installation to the new one, rename the folders so that the new version is called kiwitrees). However, when I tried to acces kiwitrees, I got the following error messages:

    ERROR 8: Use of undefined constant KT_USER_ID – assumed ‘KT_USER_ID’
    0 Error occurred on line 156 of file Tree.php in function getAll
    1 called from line 167 of file Tree.php in function get
    2 called from line 1317 of file functions_db.php in function set_gedcom_setting
    3 called from line 43 of file db_schema_5_6.php in function require
    4 called from line 253 of file DB.php in function updateSchema
    5 called from line 276 of file session.php in function require
    6 called from line 25 of file index.php

    ERROR 8: Use of undefined constant KT_USER_ID – assumed ‘KT_USER_ID’
    0 Error occurred on line 156 of file Tree.php in function getAll
    1 called from line 167 of file Tree.php in function get
    2 called from line 1317 of file functions_db.php in function set_gedcom_setting
    3 called from line 43 of file db_schema_5_6.php in function require
    4 called from line 253 of file DB.php in function updateSchema
    5 called from line 276 of file session.php in function require
    6 called from line 25 of file index.php

    ERROR 8: Undefined offset: 3
    0 Error occurred on line 168 of file Tree.php in function get
    1 called from line 1317 of file functions_db.php in function set_gedcom_setting
    2 called from line 43 of file db_schema_5_6.php in function require
    3 called from line 253 of file DB.php in function updateSchema
    4 called from line 276 of file session.php in function require
    5 called from line 25 of file index.php

    Anyone got any ides as to what went wrong?

    James

    Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
  • #10595

    Hi James

    See https://kiwitrees.net/faqs/introduction/upgrade-kiwitrees/
    In particular comments on “Upgrading to kiwitrees 3.3.2”

    Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
  • #10596

    Thanks for the prompt reply Nigel.

    In the comments on “Upgrading to kiwitrees 3.3.2” I’m not sure what is meant by “Logout, close your browser and log back in”, since I’m running on my local machine. I did close the browser and re-open it; I also cleared the cache, but I still got the same error messages when I tried to open kiwitrees.
    I do have Webtrees installed as well as Kiwitrees. Is it possible that Kiwitrees is confused by the Webtrees tables?

    James

  • #10597

    You need to actually log out of kiwitrees, not just close the browser. The logout option is under your user name above the main menu.

    I’m not sure what is meant by “Logout, close your browser and log back in”, since I’m running on my local machine.

    It means the same on a local machine as a web-based installation.

    Is it possible that Kiwitrees is confused by the Webtrees tables?

    No, it is not possible. They may be in the same database, but the tables are unique to each system due to different prefixes.

    Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
  • #10598

    I’m not sure how I can log out of kiwitrees, since I don’t reach the kiwitrees home page. I did log out of the old version of kiwitrees before renaming the folders.

    I went trough the process of quitting the browser, logging out and logging back in, but I still got the same error messages.

    James

  • #10599

    Odd. Perhaps it is related to skipping so many versions. Not sure. But we need to try something more drastic 🙂

    Close your browser.
    In your database find the kiwitrees “xxx_session” table. (where xxx is the prefix you use to differentiate between kiwitrees and webtrees tables). Make sure it is the kiwitrees one! Delete all the rows in that table.

    Now try restarting your browser

    EDIT: You will probably need your browser open to access the database! But closer it after modifying the table, then restart it to access kiwitrees.

    Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
  • #10600

    I did this, PhpMyAdmin now reports “empty result set (i.e. zero rows)” for kt_session.
    but still got the same result when I try to open kiwitrees.

    James

  • #10601

    Note that I needed to have my browser running to use PhpMyAdmin

  • #10602

    OK, so something in your setup is really holding on to session data. Can you clear cookies from your browser? If unsure let me know what browser and I can guide you.

    Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
  • #10603

    I’m using Firefox. I cleared the cache and cookies (Preferences -> Cookies and Site Data -> Clear Data), quit Firefox, logged out, logged in again, opened Firefox and tried to access Kiwitrees -> same error messages.

    I’m very embarrassed, it seems like I’m the only person who regularly has problems with upgrades.

    By the way, I’m using a fairly old version of Php (version 5.6.30). I don’t know whether this could be significant.

    Thanks a lot for your attempts to sort out the problem.

    James

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Problem upgrading to version 3.3.4’ is closed to new replies.