Tags:

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
Author

That’s great, thanks. I shall include this in the next release.

It does have one small issue. Unlike to original solution this one will always default to the F&E tab if you open a new window. Once open if you select a different tab, in that window This is in effect the opposite of the original, which worked at the browser level regardless of new windows.

But I think on balance it is more helpful the new way, and does have the advantage of being a native HTML5 solution, so we can drop one (albeit very small) added javascript library (jQuery.cookies.js). We shall see once the next release is available if anyone has a problem with the new solution ūüôā

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

Well, unfortunately I had to revert back to the original file due to the unresolved issue of page freezes on FAMILIES tab. Not saying this file change made matters worse or not but I with it, I could not escape out of the freeze ans page refresh (new login) would bring me back to the exact frozen page.

-----
    [updated: 06 Aug 2021]
    MacOS: 10.15.7  (Catalina)
    Safari   14.0.3;  Firefox 9.0.2
    PHP 7.4.5 FastCGI

Alter-Drukarsh connections... 3.3.9 <private>
    The Royals 3.3.9<royals.rbcsolutions.ca
    >
    The Gerrer Rebbes 3.3.9 <royals.rbcsolutions.ca/index.php?ged=rebbes>

Next time you get this page freeze do NOTHING except contact me. Do not try to clear the problem in any way.Perhaps then we can work through what might be casing it.

Nigel

Q564 Charles Louis Frederick Mecklenburg-Strelitz
    Was entering children via IMMEDIATE FAMILY then decided to try FAMILIES tab. Frozen.

-----
    PHP 7.4.5 FastCGI

>

So it remains frozen right now?

Great. Can I access that page?

Nigel

Should be although I used Firefox to access the user info to verify if your account is active (kiwi). Frozen done in Safari.

-----
    PHP 7.4.5 FastCGI

>

Yes that access works. It’s not frozen for me though, suggesting the issue is not at your server, but on your laptop or whatever machine you are using.

I tried adding a child (via “Immediate Family”, then went to Q564, Families tab. No problems at all. I have now deleted that test individual from your system.

I tried as many different things I could think of, but can’t get it to lock up.

Have you done any extensive ‘clean up’ on your computer lately? Just wondering if it’s memory needs emptying. This is the mac version of my tool of choice: https://www.piriform.com/mac/ccleaner I use it regularly.

Nigel

I’m asking my MacGuru about that program before I run it. Several years ago similar program caused my synch with my iPod to fail. Took 6 months of senior tech support at Apple to discover the bad file. So can’t risk anything yet. Will see if same happens in Firefox. It’s not my first choice as the font size is a lot smaller, using same browser settings. So harder to read screen.

-----
    PHP 7.4.5 FastCGI

>

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Page refresh’ is closed to new replies.