12th February 2014 at 6:15 pm #2106
The next release is almost ready, so I have uploaded a zip-file of the current .po files for translators who want to update their language before release.
I can wait about one week then I shall need to complete the release.
The file is available at:
13th February 2014 at 7:04 am #2108
I’ll brush up the german translation this weekend.
14th February 2014 at 5:09 am #2115
I did go through the new feature list and I do have a wish
Your image bar that shows the new features way to small for an old woman like me and it would be great to see it in action (test) before I decide to install 🙂
admin and owner of a user customized version of kiwitrees (contains 3 family trees)
14th February 2014 at 7:42 am #2116
Yes, that’s a good idea. It can be troublesome to allow people to access and modify demonstration sites, but having asked you to register here I can provide some level of access for you to edit that using your email address as a way to get a password for it.
I will update that demo with all the new features in a day or two and let you know how to access them.
16th February 2014 at 11:10 pm #2119
I sent the updated german translation file to you by email.
Looking forward to 2.0, the new features and designs – thanks in advance!
23rd February 2014 at 12:49 am #2162
Found some translation issues:
- within the interactive trees “b.”, “m.”, “d.” (born, married, died) are not translated
Common german abbreviations are “geb.”, “verh.” and “verst.”
Pretty long – maybe better * ∞ †
- month names are not translated anymore (e.g. December, July)
Could you please update current .po files for translators?
23rd February 2014 at 10:32 am #2164
The latest .po files (with the additional items you mention) are already available in the downloads area. I uploaded them yesterday. Sorry they were not in the one you previously translated. They were a late decision.
Month names – not sure why they wouldn’t be translated. I will investigate further, but not before tomorrow.
Interactive tree abbreviations b,m,d. Yes they are a problem. They really cannot be translated effectively as the very concept of single-letter abbreviations doesn’t work in some languages. That is why they were never before included. They are used in order to save some space in that tiny chart. I see that Greg has overcome this by using the full words and larger boxes. Not sure I like that but I will look into it.
24th February 2014 at 1:06 am #2180
Month names are not included in the de.po files anymore. I would prefer to work on the translation “in one go”, so I’ll wait for your investigations and decisions (single-letter abbreviations) before updating the german translation.
27th February 2014 at 7:59 am #2270
There was a problem compiling the .mo files I have discovered.
You can download a fresh set of language files here:
- The topic ‘Next release of kiwitrees’ is closed to new replies.