Authoreagled2
Last activity5 years, 7 months ago
StatusClosed
Replies2
Voices2
Participantseagled2, kiwi
Actions
Tags

multiple marriages, message contactform, .mo, test, Themes change, permissions, errors, sanity checker, bug, pdf, links, check, contacts, json, logs, autocomplete, library, kiwitrees theme, tags, order, photo, shared note, descendants, getClientIp, spouse, polish, installation, DNA, simpl_pages, children, abbreviate, illegitimate, descendant, source, charts, Google Maps, colors, Extra menus, 500, Require visitor authentication, calendar, mystyle, I18N, gettext, IE11, kiwitrees-nova, Add a wife, album, theme, login, Php 7.1, Favourites, blank screem, GEDCOM, 3.3.1, index, 3.0.0 widgets, 3.0.0, PHP 7.4, error

Kiwitrees on Twitter

Tagged: , ,

Topic:   New Media Folder does not show  

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Participant

6 posts

I recently tried out kiwitrees 2.0.2 on a test site at http://eagled2.net/kiwi. If you need a login to test this with let me know and I can provide it to you individually.

I followed the steps in setup.php to install after copying and extracting the install file to my host in a new and empty subfolder.
      I also created a new empty database to use for this. From the fresh install I created a family tree but did not import any information. I then edited my user settings and made myself a manager as well as admin and enabled auto approve changes.

I went to upload media and picked an image and entered a new folder name to upload to. I then went to media to find my image and it does not show up under local or unused. When checking the media folder from ftp I can see the new image folder and image I uploaded. When going back to upload another image the new folder used for the previous upload does not show up and further tests give the same results.
      I also imported a gedcom file I exported from kiwitrees 2.0.0 and still have the same issue.
      I also upgraded a site I was previously using from 2.0.0 to 2.0.2 and had the same issue. I don’t know if i’m doing something wrong or if there is a bug somewhere. Any help you can provide is appreciated.

I am hosting with ifastnet.com with the following server and version information:
      Apache version 2.2.27
      PHP version 5.3.27
      MySQL version 5.5.37-cll
      Architecture x86_64
      Operating system linux

kiwikiwi
      Keymaster

1861 posts

Thanks for the very comprehensive report. You are quite right too. There does seem to be something wrong there. Can you please raise it as a bug report (here: https://kiwitrees.net/bug-reporting/ ) You can either copy / paste your report from above, or just include a link to it’s URL

(I could do that myself, but the bug tracker is a new feature here and I’d like to use this to test it’s functionality 🙂 )

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
      Participant

6 posts

Your welcome. I just submitted it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • The topic ‘New Media Folder does not show’ is closed to new replies.