I just went to merge two sources – don’t do it too often – and when I went to filter the search the source page appeared.
1 Click source option for merge.
2 type in source contains criteria
3 click filter
source page (the one selected in step 1) appears in edit window when I click the desired source. It does to carry over to the field of SXXX to continue. To circumvent error, I viewed the raw GEDCOM and typed in “Merge TO ID”
4 click in “MERGE FROM ID” and selected source
5 again wanted to filter results but when I selected the desired source link, it did not appear in the field.
Thanks. I’m pleased to report that I found and fixed this one a few weeks ago. It will be in the next release. Not something I can provide a simple new file for though I’m afraid.
However, now that I’ve added bug tracking to this site (https://kiwitrees.net/bug-reporting/) I’ll be able to list such changes there so you will know its already fixed. I don’t want to back-track and make entries for all the recent changes though. The list will soon catch up. 🙂
Thanks. The Sources in question are “exact duplicates” so will be able to spot when fixed. Can use them interchangeably until then. Bug tracker will help to distinguish between user problem and real bug.