Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author
Posts
  • #2903

    I have this in header:
    ERROR 8: Undefined index: characterOrder
    0 Error occurred on line 254 of file I18N.php in function html_markup
    1 called from line 76 of file header.php in function require
    2 called from line 176 of file Page.php in function pageHeader
    3 called from line 664 of file module.php in function show
    4 called from line 83 of file module.php in function modAction
    5 called from line 31 of file module.php

    Notice: Undefined index: characterOrder in /home/h/o/ftp_host-sidendk/webtrees/library/WT/I18N.php on line 254
    lang=”da” dir=”ltr”>

    Regards,
    Jamie Jaconelli

    admin and owner of a user customized version of kiwitrees (contains 3 family trees)

  • #2904

    That will be a problem in the Danish language file. Attached here is the po file. I’ll look at it myself, but not before tomorrow.

    Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
  • #2906

    I can not use that da po file. All danish letters are converted.

    Regards,
    Jamie Jaconelli

    admin and owner of a user customized version of kiwitrees (contains 3 family trees)

  • #2907

    Well it works now – Dont know how – but it does!

    Here is the new po file (with updates) and mo file

    I do have a problem with these files
    If you make a mo file of the encl. one – it will convert all danish letters. Then I can not use this po file anymore.

    I do not know how to avoid this. It is not funny spending 4 hours to compare files ๐Ÿ™

    When I update the po files I just use the notepad editor. Validate the file with the po editor and if fine. I make a copy of the po file before I make the mo file. If I do not do it like this – then I will have a po file with converted danish letters=useless file

    Regards,
    Jamie Jaconelli

    admin and owner of a user customized version of kiwitrees (contains 3 family trees)

  • #2914

    When I update the po files I just use the notepad editor.

    I think that will be the cause of your problem. Notepad will not be using utf-8 encoding, or at least not correctly. ONLY open .po files in poeditor.

    Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
  • #2915

    I have this in header:
    ERROR 8: Undefined index: characterOrder
    0 Error occurred on line 254 of file I18N.php in function html_markup
    1 called from line 76 of file header.php in function require
    2 called from line 176 of file Page.php in function pageHeader
    3 called from line 664 of file module.php in function show
    4 called from line 83 of file module.php in function modAction
    5 called from line 31 of file module.php

    Notice: Undefined index: characterOrder in /home/h/o/ftp_host-sidendk/webtrees/library/WT/I18N.php on line 254
    lang=โ€daโ€ dir=โ€ltrโ€>

    I have found the cause of this error. It is not a bug. It is simply a caching problem caused by a fairly major update to the Zend language library. It will disapper once your kiwitrees cache clears (usually a couple of hours. Or you can clear it immediately by going to Administration > Clean-up data folder and delete the cache.

    Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
  • #2921

    <div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jacoline wrote:</div>
    When I update the po files I just use the notepad editor.

    I think that will be the cause of your problem. Notepad will not be using utf-8 encoding, or at least not correctly. ONLY open .po files in poeditor.

    I have the same problem with po-editor. It open with converted letters ๐Ÿ™

    Regards,
    Jamie Jaconelli

    admin and owner of a user customized version of kiwitrees (contains 3 family trees)

  • #2923

    Had the same error… clearing the cache cleared it right up.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Latest version’ is closed to new replies.