• This topic has prefixes assigned
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • #13242

    I finally could install kiwitrees. I choosed brit. englich, french and german as languages. I work with german.

    Now I found out that if I want to add another languages in the administion panel there are no choices. If I change then my language to english oder french I see all available languages.

    Is this a bug or normal?

  • #13244

    Yes, that does look like a bug. Thanks for pointing it out.
    I suspect is something wrong in the language file, but I will not be able to fix it for a few days.

    Meanwhile I will transfer this topic to the Bug report forum. I will report back on the issue as soon as I am able.

    Edit: from brief testing it does seem it is only a problem with the German language file.

    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
  • #13249

    Sorry for the delay with this bug.

    As I thought the error was simply a couple of formatting errors in the German language translation file.

    The fix just needs one file replaced, which is attached here. Download the zip folder it to your computer, then extract the file it contains (“de.mo”) to your computer,. Then upload that file to the kiwitrees installation on your web server. Put it in the folder “kiwitrees/languages/”, replacing the file of the same name that is already there.

    If it doesn’t immediately solve the problem navigate to the page Administration > Site administration > Clean up data folder; select the folder “cache”; and delete it. This resets all the cached translations, which will then be immediately re-cached, but including the new German translation.

    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Languages sometimes missing’ is closed to new replies.