I thought I would start a topic to capture any issues anyone finds using php 5.6. If you have what you think might be a 5.6 issue add it here. I will investigate each one, and if it’s not 5.6 related I’ll move the issue to another topic.
To date we have had feedback from two users:
1 – reporting that kiwitrees is working fine (PHP updated on an existing kiwitrees (3.0.0) installation)
2 – reporting a number of Zend library errors.
1 is obviously good news, but 2 is hard to confirm.
Now that ver. 3.1.0 is released I have started my own testing. So far I have not seen any Zend errors myself.
I have identified some issues setting up a new installation of kiwitrees though. They are already fixed ready for a 3.1.1 release. I will not release that yet though. Better to wait for more testing. It will not effect any existing users, and as we require membership of kiwitrees.net for new users I will know when any of those are likely to need this.