Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
Author

Acces details are in the mail.

Thank you for your support with this problem.
    After a week with a lot of e-mails send to Nigel and my webhost, it looks like the problem is solved.
    My webhost moved my website to another server, memory set back to 1 Gb.
    Didn’t see any new errors show up.

Thanks Nigel, you were a great help!

My webhost moved my website to another server, memory set back to 1 Gb.
    Didn’t see any new errors show up.

That’s great news. Did they say what is different about the new server?

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

Not yet, but I will ask them again.
    I think it was a real problem with the server, because testing with 2 Gb memory was also not enough to run kiwitrees properly,
    Got an e-mail to upgrade to 4 GB or change server. The choice was easy to be made.

Got an e-mail to upgrade to 4 GB or change server. The choice was easy to be made.

Good decision. I have NEVER seen a kiwitrees installation that needs even close to those memory figures.

My own tree is about twice the size of yours, including more than twice as many media items, and I operate comfortably with 128MB.
    I have a hosting client whose tree is greater than 70,000 individuals, plus media etc. and that still works well at 256MB.
    BUT the server needs to be well setup and managed. Kiwitrees hosting uses a New Zealand hosting business that I have worked with for over 10 years. They know what the software needs and works with me to achieve it.
    Sadly many people struggle to accept that with web hosting “you get what you pay for”.

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Image not shown’ is closed to new replies.