Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
Author

Now, back to the original problem. Looking at the (quite old PGV) code for the Families list, the part where no/yes is displayed for marriage may be a bit simplistic:
    1 – If a date exists it displays it.
    2 – If a “_NMR” (not married) tag exists it displays “no” (but see later comment)
    3 – If a MARR (married) tag exists it displays “yes”
    4 – Otherwise it displays a blank space.

There is no check on WHAT information either the _NMR or the MARR tags actually contain, which is not ideal.

There are still two other issues:
    1 – How did your MARR tags lose their “Y”? It is ticked as “Y” by default. If you add a place or a date (only) it is removed, but it is NOT removed if you just add a source. So is it possible you added a place or date then subsequently removed it / them? So far I can’t find any other explanation for that.

2 – The one with a date “AFT 1921” shoulld display that. I strill need to find out why it isn’t.

The problem is that

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

Sadly, the direct 7 are all deceased. I’ve joked with the children/g’kids (ie: cousins/2nd cousins) that maybe there never was a marriage! I know all my cousins married. I know the 2nd cousins that did so too. It’s when it gets further afield of course, you can’t assume.

Maybe I should clarify — I picked Families. I picked to display all from a particular name. I clicked “Married” from the row below number found. That’s where I see “no”. Some list people I don’t know personall, some are as close as first cousins. So, those I KNOW FOR SURE were married. T

ALL have sources. Only time I usually enter no source is if the source of event doesn’t show death but it’s > 96 years (my setting for death).

----- [updated: 31Dec2022] MacOS: 10.15.7  (Catalina) Safari   14.1.2;  Firefox 108.0.1 (64-bit);  108.0.1462.54 (Official build) (x86_64)

Alter-Drukarsh connections | The Garelick: 3.3.11b - PHP 8.0 FastCGI - mySQL 8.

Okay, I am actively entering records. So, for those that are married and I only know Place, will do a double check for the 1 MARR Y. Then do the list and see. Given that you’re saying a Source doesn’t trip the Y.

Strangely, I’ve seldom used Families list but thought that would easily find the people I missed adding dates where it was recorded in Reunion but not copied over.

Actually, just logged into PGV. Marriage ? (note there is a ?) shows YES for marriages without date. Same ones that now show NO in kiwitrees.

----- [updated: 31Dec2022] MacOS: 10.15.7  (Catalina) Safari   14.1.2;  Firefox 108.0.1 (64-bit);  108.0.1462.54 (Official build) (x86_64)

Strangely, I’ve seldom used Families list but thought that would easily find the people I missed adding dates where it was recorded in Reunion but not copied over.

Ahha. Could that be part of the issue? Did you copy these family records from Reunion? If so, and there was no “Y” when imported then that will answer the question of how you come to have them missing now.

Regarding the record with the date “AFT 1921”, I can’t reproduce that problem, and can’t see any reason for it to happen. Are you certain that one is displaying “no” instead of the date?

Nigel

No, I only paste in the data, not code.

The “aft 1921” is okay.

The “aft 1921” is okay.

Great, that’s one less problem at least. (I’m assuming here that “is okay” means the list is displaying the date “after 1921” rather than “no”)

I had to dig back quite a way to see when the code was last changed. It seems to be another that was over-simplified in webtrees just before I switched to kiwitrees, so we inherited the same code webtrees still uses. Apart from the failure of the code that checks for a _NMR (which fails and inserts “no” regardless of what is in the MARR tag unless it is a date) it also completely ignores the other tag _NMAR (never married).

Try the attached file (remove from zip folder and replace existing file kiwitrees/includes/functions/functions_print_lists.php). I think it should give a more logical result. Let me know if it works.

As a slight aside, I do recommend that you put back the “Y” for every MARR tag that is followed ONLY by a source. It can be done use a regular expression in Batch Update, or manually. I could do it for you if you wish, either with an admin login on your site, or on a copy of your GEDCOM file if you send it to me (just don’t do any edits while I’ve got it).

Nigel

Somewhere between PGV and webtrees the path was changed maybe due to similar discussion.

I’ll do the patch tomorrow and the code changes to MARR + SOUR offline.

The fix worked. I exported my GEDCOM, did the change to 1 MARR and uploaded after adding the replacement file. I now see YES. Thanks

1 user thanked author for this post.

Excellent, thanks for confirming.

You won’t have noticed but now on the list if you use _NMR it will display “not married”, and for _NMAR “never married”. Seemed a logical thing to do at the same time as the other fix.

Nigel

Like those changes too. Will keep eye out as I search for my married couples that need dates.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Families list’ is closed to new replies.