• This topic has 28 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by kiwikiwi.
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 29 total)
Author

Everytime we edit the translations file we have to edit the convert letters too. Because everytime you convert the po file to a mo file all ü ö (german and swedish) and the danish ø and å will be converted to a letter code.

Can we not fix this with a code that translate these letter codes?

I noticed the I did not see one of the Æ (big letter, only noticed the small æ). So I have to go from top to bottom to make sure that all converted letters are right (and to be honest it will happend that we miss some) Kinda stupid to edit those just because we have to translate 3 words

Other suggestions?

Regards, Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of a user customized version of kiwitrees (contains 3 family trees)

There was a major bug in languages when Greg released w1.5 and w1.4.4. Unfortunately because it was in w1.4.4 it appeared in kiwitrees as well.

I have since corrected the files. You can either wait for the next release of the full code later this week, or try these two steps:

1. Download and install the latest complete set of language files from http://kiwitrees.net/services/simpl-add-ons/download-info/language-zip/ The latest is dated 27 Nov 2013.
    2. Replace the file /library/WT/I18N.php with the one in the zip folder attached here.
    Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

I have just updated my demo site to kiwitrees 1.4.4.1 so you can see that languages now work correctly.

For correct date translations see: http://demo.kiwitrees.net/individual.php?pid=I6&ged=wedgewood.ged&lang=da

For correct alphabet see http://demo.kiwitrees.net/indilist.php?surname=Wedgwood%20I&ged=wedgewood.ged

Nigel

Thank you Nigel – I am sorry I did not reach to fix the last about the danish letters before release – but this one I have read from top to bottom and edit/adding all way down!

So if you can convert it to mo and have it up here so the danes can get the latest version (I am very very sorry for the delay)

Regards, Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of a user customized version of kiwitrees (contains 3 family trees)

Vers: 1.4.4.1 (latest)

Sorry but dates (Months) still not translated even that they figure in the danish da.mo

At your link it should say he was born at 21. februar 1730 but it says (in wrong english term) 21. February 1730

Btw Gallery is Galleri in danish 😛

P.S. Hopefully half-sister, half-brother ect will be translated with the latest file I gave you earlier! (see latest upgrade thread)

Regards, Jamie Jaconelli

/doh now it is gone – I try again

Regards, Jamie Jaconelli

Jacoline sent the following by email:

What happend since all these translation issues? Half-brother ect was translated before and now many words not at all. Like these:

General:
    Dates
    Familylist/navigator:
    Mother’s family with
    Fathers’s family with
    Half-brother
    Half-sister
    Step-sister
    Step-brother
    Step-daughter
    Step-son
    Family - vedding vittness: Like Best Man: wife's uncle where uncle not translated (meaning relationship not translated)
    Individ - baptise vittness: same problem not translated relationship

Well this what I have seen so far!

I am sorry to disturb you about this
    Nigel

I have no idea.

If you provide a .po file with all the translations I will convert it and add it to the system.

Nigel

I did at December 7, 2013 at 12:02 at page 2 upload a .po file

Regards, Jamie Jaconelli

I think I have solve the problem, there was a lot of lines with #~ in front I have tried to remove these sign and the result looks ok, see http://www.vends-herred.dk. There is only a few lines left who has to be translated

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • The topic ‘Danish translation’ is closed to new replies.