Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
Author

There’s the problem. That footer link should NOT exist once you enable the new module. Looks like I need to correct code in the xenea theme for that. Temporarily switch to kiwitrees theme to see what I mean.

Click on “Contact” in the main (top of the page) menus. That is the new feature, not the old link at the bottom.

Though in your case, because you have the same contact for both Technical and Genealogy it still should not look very different. Just gets rid of the popup. The real differenmce cpmes of you have twp different contacts.

The point of this module is primarily to allow a Contact link in the main menu <strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”><span class=”d4pbbc-underline” style=”text-decoration: underline;”>instead of</span> in the footer.

Using Colours > coffeeandcream > still has contact at bottom; I added my own menu icon
    Using Xenea > as noted, contact is at bottom (as noted you’ll fix with upgrade); I added contact.png but it shows the Home.png icon

I just changed to 2 contacts and see the difference in kiwitrees theme and Colors. I like jacqolin’s idea of the drop down option.

-----
    [updated: 06 Aug 2021]
    MacOS: 10.15.7  (Catalina)
    Safari   14.0.3;  Firefox 9.0.2
    PHP 7.4.5 FastCGI

Alter-Drukarsh connections... 3.3.9 <private>
    The Royals 3.3.9<royals.rbcsolutions.ca
    >
    The Gerrer Rebbes 3.3.9 <royals.rbcsolutions.ca/index.php?ged=rebbes>

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘PDOException’ with message ‘SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1048 Column ‘user_id’ cannot be null’ in /home/j/a/ftp_jaconellidk/webtrees/library/WT/DBStatement.php:91 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: PDOStatement->execute(Array) #1 /home/j/a/ftp_jaconellidk/webtrees/library/WT/DBStatement.php(91): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #2 /home/j/a/ftp_jaconellidk/webtrees/includes/authentication.php(304): WT_DBStatement->__call(‘execute’, Array) #3 /home/j/a/ftp_jaconellidk/webtrees/includes/authentication.php(304): WT_DBStatement->execute(Array) #4 /home/j/a/ftp_jaconellidk/webtrees/modules_v3/contact/module.php(244): addMessage(Array) #5 /home/j/a/ftp_jaconellidk/webtrees/modules_v3/contact/module.php(45): contact_WT_Module->show() #6 /home/j/a/ftp_jaconellidk/webtrees/module.php(34): contact_WT_Module->modAction(‘show’) #7 {main} thrown in /home/j/a/ftp_jaconellidk/webtrees/library/WT/DBStatement.php on line 91

I think this will be a bug. Please report it. Can you also confiorm what messaging type your user is set to. I’m guessing it will be internal messaging with storage. I can fix the bug, but I’m also going to start a discussion to understand why internal messaging is used and how everyone woulld feel about me removing it once a full understanding of what it achieves – or more importantly does not achieve. Please don’t reply to that issue here. I will start the discussion in a day or two.

I tried to move the module title “Contact” to a left margin at 25 – something like this in mystyle.css:
    h2:margin-left: 25px;
    But it does not work (and yes I am a noob)

The ‘noob’ might like to study this web site. I strongly recommend http://www.w3schools.com/css/ It is a very bad idea to try adding code if you do not understand it.
    In this case you will see immediately from that site that your code is missing the very important {……} . But you also need to be more specific. Just putting ‘h2’ will cause the same margin to be used EVERYWHERE an h2 element appears. You might not like some of the results from that.
    Try:

#contact-page h2 {
      margin-left: 25px;
    }
    Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

Using Colours > coffeeandcream > still has contact at bottom; I added my own menu icon
    Using Xenea > as noted, contact is at bottom (as noted you’ll fix with upgrade); I added contact.png but it shows the Home.png icon

I just changed to 2 contacts and see the difference in kiwitrees theme and Colors. I like jacqolin’s idea of the drop down option.

Look at the menu icon code again. I also had that problem in first place (because I had [] instead of () in the code. You might have something else.
    The dropdown I have is still something I have from my main page (it is a frame from the contact module at jaconelli.dk) So you can not compare that one with the kiwitrees version

Regards,
    Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of a user customized version of kiwitrees (contains 3 family trees)

Nigel!

I did excactly your suggestion and it does not work.

My biggest problem is to figure out when I have to edit the color.css or when I just can add it in mystyle.css.
    And in my case it should only be in mystyle.css

Regards,
    Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of a user customized version of kiwitrees (contains 3 family trees)

My biggest problem is to figure out when I have to edit the color.css or when I just can add it in mystyle.css.

That’s easy – you NEVER need to edit colors.css. All css changes, even for colors theme CAN be done in a mystyle.css file. You just need to understand css better.

I will be able to help better solve your margin problem tomorrow.

Nigel

If I put body background image in mystyle it does not work instead of color.css
    If I put the userdefined module icons in mystyle it does not work (extra menu and copy of simpl_pages) instead of color.css

No rush!

Regards,
    Jamie Jaconelli

If I put body background image in mystyle it does not work instead of color.css
    If I put the userdefined module icons in mystyle it does not work (extra menu and copy of simpl_pages) instead of color.css

Put all those things in the mystyle.css file and email it to me. Then I can tell you what you are doing wrong. I KNOW it works. I’ve done all those things, using colors theme and even your background image on my own site.

Nigel
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • The topic ‘Contact form 3.1.0’ is closed to new replies.