Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 37 total)
Author

/sigh

That worked!

I just copy/paste wihout reading the code 🙁

Thank you!

Regards, Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of a user customized version of kiwitrees (contains 3 family trees)

I want to make another background white on white not easy to read 🙁

I can add it at mycss – just need a hint 🙂

Regards, Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of a user customized version of kiwitrees (contains 3 family trees)

I just copy/paste wihout reading the code

Yes, I see the mistake happened when I pasted the code on here. The forum code seems to have done that. I will have to find out how to prevent that.

I want to make another background white on white not easy to read

Background to what? Do you use your browser’s developer tools (F12), or Firebug? That will tell you exactly what you need.

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

Exampel:

In simpl_pages I use the ‘< d i v >background …..< / d i v >’ or when I use frames I can have the form in a frame in another color – like this: http://www.jaconelli.dk/webtrees/PERS_ukcontact.php

the kiwitrees contact is just using white background behind the form

EDIT: Can not write the code either without the forum rules remove the code

Regards, Jamie Jaconelli

Might be an good idea that in core it use the main color in the color theme.

When I look at kiwitrees theme it has not that problem since the background color is grey and the form boxes are white

Regards, Jamie Jaconelli

Most pages in kiwitrees are wrapped in a div with an id like “contact-page”, so something like:

#contact-page {background-color: red;} 

should work

Or even set it to “transparent” and let your body background image show through.

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

Transparent in my case not a good idea 😛

You know old people with old eyes 😛

I will try to add that in mystyle.css

Now my doggie girl is calling for me to talk a walk.

Thank you Nigel 🙂

Regards, Jamie Jaconelli

Tested by sending a message. The message goes through but the respond in kiwitrees is like this:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘PDOException’ with message ‘SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1048 Column ‘user_id’ cannot be null’ in /home/j/a/ftp_jaconellidk/webtrees/library/WT/DBStatement.php:91 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: PDOStatement->execute(Array) #1 /home/j/a/ftp_jaconellidk/webtrees/library/WT/DBStatement.php(91): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #2 /home/j/a/ftp_jaconellidk/webtrees/includes/authentication.php(304): WT_DBStatement->__call(‘execute’, Array) #3 /home/j/a/ftp_jaconellidk/webtrees/includes/authentication.php(304): WT_DBStatement->execute(Array) #4 /home/j/a/ftp_jaconellidk/webtrees/modules_v3/contact/module.php(244): addMessage(Array) #5 /home/j/a/ftp_jaconellidk/webtrees/modules_v3/contact/module.php(45): contact_WT_Module->show() #6 /home/j/a/ftp_jaconellidk/webtrees/module.php(34): contact_WT_Module->modAction(‘show’) #7 {main} thrown in /home/j/a/ftp_jaconellidk/webtrees/library/WT/DBStatement.php on line 91

The error comes no matter if I am logged of or off

Next question!
    I tried to move the module title “Contact” to a left margin at 25 – something like this in mystyle.css:
    h2:margin-left: 25px;
    But it does not work (and yes I am a noob)

Regards, Jamie Jaconelli

jacoline:

I made the same changes to Colors that kiwi gave you. Notice though on your site, your form is modified and a contact icon in menu bar.

I cloned “email.png” but it’s looking just like an envelope, not matching the theme (coffee and cream).

WOuld you share your colors.css code? Did you add it as a mystyle.css in the colors css folder?

----- [updated: 17 Nov 2022] MacOS: 10.15.7  (Catalina) Safari   14.1.2;  Firefox 06.0.2 (64-bit);  Microsoft Edge Version 107.0.1418.28

Alter-Drukarsh Connections/the Garelick 3.3.11a - PHP 8.0CGI - mySQL 7.4FastCGIs <family members only>

The Royals | T

rThe css for the menu icon was added in color.css and written as Nigel made it! I can not give you my css file. I have alot of css changes and wil just ruin yours. But I will suggest you do make a mystyle.css and add a background for your contact module!

The one you can see is still my own – since the kiwitrees version still has some issues.

So if you add the css (in color.css) for the menu – you will have an menu icon.

#main-menu li#menu-contact {
    background: url(../images/contact.png) no-repeat 50% 25%;
    background-size: 40px;
    }

This icon has to be in your image folder. You can google to find one you like.
    The next part is to setup the menu in your dashbord (admin) to be shown for visitors. If you found (google) an icon you like and want to use it – I can edit the icon for you so it fit your color theme 🙂

Try to put this code and name the file mystyle.css and put it in your color folder and see the different in you contact form!

/*
    * My Style for Colors theme

/* Coffee and Creme Palette */

/* Contact page */
    #contact_page {
    background-color:#F4EAD1;
    border:1px solid #cccccc;
    }

Still missing to figure out how to move the contact title to left-margin 25

Regards, Jamie Jaconelli

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • The topic ‘Contact form 3.1.0’ is closed to new replies.