Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
Author

some had Level 3 tags before Level 2 tags; the one I couldn’t figure out was the Adoption one >>> things looked ugly 🙂 but mostly because the errors are shown in red, making the obvious even more so.

I tried using (just to amuse myself) a demo of Family Tree Maker. That’s the one that did the date checking. The only problem is it’s not in “real time”, it’s static report. So, any changes made are only to print out the report, not to correct the problems. There is a button to view the record in question but then you have to generate the report again.
    It had an option for Research assistant so, thinking back to PGV days, clicked the button. YIKES! It starting going through (until I forced quit) my 6000+ families asking if I knew the date of marriage and if they had no children, why not. Well, not quite that direct but did ask for the name of the first born. In some respects, it means if you forgot to enter them*, here’s a prompt but really, it was taking ages!!
    (* I have lots where I didn’t enter the kids, just have them as a research note for now but had no intention of taking the time it would have taken to enter at least one for every family in question).

Am now playing with one called MyBlood. The layout is like Reunion in that it presents family view: MALE | FEMALE. Above are the respective parents, below are the children of the union, if any.

----- [updated: 13 Jul 2022] MacOS: 10.15.7  (Catalina) Safari   14.1.2;  Firefox 10.0 PHP 7.4x FastCGI; mySQL 8.0

Alter-Drukarsh Connections 3.3.10b/the Garelicks <family members only>

The Royals | The Kennedys |The Gerrer Rabbis 3.3.10b <.rbcsolutions.ca>

Am now playing with one called MyBlood. The layout is like Reunion in that it presents family view: MALE | FEMALE. Above are the respective parents, below are the children of the union, if any.

Sounds a lot like this: http://www.kiwitrees.net/kiwitrees-beta/family.php?famid=F01&ged=kennedy

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

No, like the attached.

----- [updated: 13 Jul 2022] MacOS: 10.15.7  (Catalina) Safari   14.1.2;  Firefox 10.0 PHP 7.4x FastCGI; mySQL 8.0

YUK!!

The only difference is that on ours we don’t overload the senses with all the information on display at once. But it’s all there. You just need to be a) logged in; and b) hover mouse over any individual to see full details.

Nigel

MyBlood is overkill. Reunion is better. Difference is, this is the editing mode, not display. I find I switch back to Reunion when I want to visually see a family. Easier than “Families” tab. The same Kennedy file in Reunion — using default settings isn’t as bad. You add/subtract what you want to see by default. Similar to adding the tags in Admin panel.

In kiwitrees it’s generally better (IMHO) to use the families page rather than the tab.

Especially in the next release (where that image came from) because any missing family members (spouse, parents on either side, children) get an “Add new” link in their small box. So you can add most people from the same screen.

Nigel

In kiwitrees it’s generally better (IMHO) to use the families <strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>page rather than the tab.
    Especially in the next release (where that image came from) because any missing family members (spouse, parents on either side, children) get an “Add new” link in their small box. So you can add most people from the same screen.

Yes, I don’t see the layout in my images transferring over to kiwiTrees. No dispute there. But offline, I can move things around add stuff I don’t want online. I know I’m never exporting my file, so not a problem. I do the proper work in kiwiTrees.

Your image for next release looks interesting. Family members can already be added from FAMILIES tab but will wait for your surprises 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot access Family tab’ is closed to new replies.