Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • #14806

    I have a child with birthdate 18 March 1953. Just found an application for naturalization by his mother that notes himself,  father, sibling. It’s dated 17 June 1951

    What’s your suggestion for “revising” his brith. Otherwise it’s moved to be under the naturalization and marked with caution.

    ----- [updated: 31Aug2023]

     Alter-Drukarsh connections |The Garelicks|Journal 3.3.12 -  PHP Version 8.1.17 - mySQL 8.1
    The Royals |The Kennedys|The Gerrer Rabbis  3.3.12 -  PHP Version 8.1.17 - mySQL 8.1

  • #14808

    It can be complicated, depending on the quality of the source of each date. Usually needs additional research, or enter both dates.

    But in this case the document you’ve attached can only (IMHO) have an error in the date of 1951 at the bottom.

    It’s surely impossible to know a birth date 2 years in the future! Assuming you have checked that the date of birth (1953) is correct.

    So I would record the date of naturalisation as 1953, but of course with a note explaining the reason for that decision. I tend to take care to use words like “assumption” snd “believe” to emphasise that the action ignoring the recorded date is “reasonable” rather than “factual”.


    My personal kiwitrees site is
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.