- This topic has prefixes assigned
14th December 2017 at 10:21 am #9617
Since upgrade to 3.3.2 there is a bug with census assistant (tested UK 1939, UK 1911, UK 1901, Canada 1881) – only the first of a selected list of family members has the entry saved.
14th December 2017 at 5:15 pm #9618
Thanks. Looking at it in detail it is an issue for ALL census templates. This has been messy. Twice I’ve thought I had fixed this, only for my fix to reverse a previous one!! So this time I’ve re-written the relevant piece of code almost completely, and given it a thorough test.
Just for interest, the issue has been catering for
fourfive different situations:
- An old-fashioned census entry not using the census assistant (one CENS event attached to a single individual)
- Having the census assistant enabled, but for a single individual not using it (except to select the appropriate date)
- Using the census assistant fully, but for just a single individual
- Using the census assistant for a complete household
- Using the census assistant for a household including individual(s) not recorded in the family tree
I’ve tested all these with the latest change, so hopefully, it will stay fixed this time. 😉
This fix is to replace the file kiwitrees/edit_interface.php with the one in the attached zip folder.
Let me know how it goes for you.
(Edit – adjusted for additional test case, described in later posts)
15th December 2017 at 8:44 am #9659
ERROR 20: Invalid GEDCOM format
thrown after final SAVE click
Did this census entry include any individuals that are not already in your family tree? That is the only scenario I didn’t test for yesterday.
Otherwise, can you send me the raw GEDCOM for the shared note this created?
15th December 2017 at 8:01 pm #9660
For general information….
Paul confirmed this failure was while entering details of a household where one or more individuals were not already in the family tree (one scenario I didn’t test for yesterday).
That is also now fixed. A replacement for the file kiwitrees/edit_interface.php is attached here, and the earlier one removed.
You must be logged in to access attached files.
- The topic ‘3.3.2 Census Assistant bug’ is closed to new replies.