Author

Hi James

That error message “usually” implies a problem connecting to your database, i.e. something wrong with your kiwitrees/data/config.ini.php file that contains the connection details.

My first guess would be that you coulld have fallen prey to the MAC upgrade issue described in the kiwitrees upgrade FAQ :

NOTE for Macintosh users. Step 4 assumes you are using a copy tool that merges directories rather than replaces them. (Merge is standard behaviour on Windows and Linux.) If you use the Macintosh Finder or other similar tool to perform step 3, it will replace your configuration, media and other directories with the empty/default ones from the installation. This would be very bad (but you did take a backup in step 1, didn’t you!). Further details and recommendations for suitable tools can be found by searching google.com

Any other guesses would be pure guesswork at this stage. A quick Google search for the error message throws up dozens of different possibilities – it is a pretty generic error 🙁 It might be an issue best resolved by your web host.

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info