Author

Wim

I’m pretty sure all these issues will all relate to errors in the coding translations – mostly mine rather than yours. That is the only change made since 3.2.3 was released. The original code was not in a translatable form, which made it difficult to add to the kiwitrees translate formats. You will have seen the size of the task! It has been a low priority to fix since these tools were first introduced, and clearly some more tidying up is required. I should not have released the translation files including these yet, so I apologise if you have spent time working on incorrect code.

The “Birth of Christ” on Jan 6th is an example. The original was in fact in Latin “Baptismus Christi” so the correct (English) translation should be (will be when I review all these again) “Baptism of Christ” which is correctly January 6th. But even that date is not always agreed. Some churches celebrate it on the 1st Sunday after Jan 6th, others on the 6th…. We would need to add different calendars for different Churches for each year for a perfect solution. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptism_of_the_Lord)

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info