Author

OK, I think I now understand why you are having a problem.
    That image tells me you do not have any valid sub-folder that can be used. If you did the top of the screen would look like this:

Screenshot-2016-03-12-11.08.52

The reason for the problem is either that you created the sub-folder manually (in FTP?) or that you have missed an important paragraph in the Gallery FAQ page (http://kiwitrees.net/faqs/modules-faqs/gallery/) . Perhaps you also uploaded media directly to the sub-folder using FTP? I suspect that through the Manage media pages you cannot see your sub-folder images? In fact probably you can only if you click “Unused files”.

Paragraph 1 c) under “Setup” says:

If you are not linking these images to any individual, fact or event in your family tree, then it is also necessary to edit (even if you change nothing) and save each one after the upload, in order to register them in the database.

This is to ensure that all images can be properly protected for both access and privacy by kiwitrees controls.

To fix, as per that paragraph, in Manage media click on “Unused files”. For each image click “Create” and then save them, checking they are going to the correct sub-folder. Then you will be able to select the sub-folder in both the Manage media page, and in gallery.

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info