Author

When you updated your copies of simpl_pages you correctly added missing code, but your forgot that sometimes code also just changes or gets removed. You need to do a line-by-line comparison with the current standard module.php and update yours a bit more.
    A good tool for doing this almost automatically (it highlights line by line differences and allows you to copy the changes or leave them) is WinMerge. Its free from http://winmerge.org/?lang=en (ver 2.14.0)

Once that is done, you should also remove any files or sub-folders from your custom simpl_pages module folder that do not exist in the standard version.

This will improve a few things, but especially it will remove all unnecessary icons from any theme that doesn’t need them.

These changes are largely as a result of making these add-ons part of core code, so they no longer require their own style sheets etc.

You can do all this quite safely without effecting any of your content.
    ——————————————————————————————————

Note: with the current code (even on my own site) using multiple copies of simpl_pages fails HTML validation. This is because each copy uses the menu ID (“menu_mypages”). It doesn’t stop anything from running but can cause issues with some obscure browsers and Search Engine ranking. It is definitely not good practice. I will be fixing this in the next release.

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info