Author
Reply
  • #10874

    I had the same problem a couple of months ago. I did not have credit card details on my Google account and I suspect this is the primary reason why Google decided to suddenly stop the service from working – although like you I had an API key and it had always worked. So I added my credit card details and it STILL didn’t work. It seems that it is necessary – AFTER having updated the credit card details on the Google account – to recreate AND re-activate the APIkey (following the steps provided on the Google page tomwhich you are linked from the original arror message.So I re-copied and pasted th API key from the Google site to Admim-Tools- Google Maps, activated the APIkey again – following the guide on the Google page, cleared cache and everything worked again as it did before – and pleased to say I still haven’t been billed!

    Ron in France
    Website: https://clan-davies.kiwitrees.net/
    kiwitrees 3.3.9; PHP 7.3.5