Kiwitrees provides family history software, and web hosting that is maintained for you, risk free and as private as you need.
Kiwitrees is a New Zealand business providing the free kiwitrees on-line genealogy software.
Kiwitrees software is an ongoing development of the 2003 product “PhpGedView” (PGV) originally created by John Yalnif. PGV is no longer under active development, but kiwitrees most definitely is!
Here are just a handful of the features that make that possible:
- A fully customisable menu system
- Create your own "Home" page from a range of large and small configurable 'blocks'. Use one block for a graphical display, or multiple blocks for a more structured look.
- Easily customised themes, and language translation files.
- The ability to add detailed stories to any (or multiple) individuals, fully formatted with pictures and structured footnotes
- Options to add menu links to other systems or software such as your own forum, blog posts or reference material
- An album for pictures attached to each individual, as well as a site gallery for more general photos, even those hosted externally on Flickr or Picassa web
You can see examples on the Kiwitrees demonstration site or my own personal site, Our Families.